SEO: Writing Articles
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is writing articles and getting them published on other websites. The idea is either to post them on article directories, or post comments on blogs and forums.
Articles are very important for two reasons. First of all, as the name implies, they are articles. Secondly, the way that articles are distributed on the internet, through either websites or article directories, depending on their popularity. More popular websites will have a much greater chance of being picked up by the search engines.
Let me give you some rules and tips for writing articles.
1) Never copy anything from another website. Search engines recognise material that is taken from another website and will not recognise it as original. In many cases, the only way to read an article that has been completed by someone else is to read the World Wide Web and notice if the article appears somewhere else on the internet.
2) Multimedia makes a lot of difference. Do not make the article simply an image. When an article is just an image, it will not help search engines find the text that will make it easier for them to find. Remember what you are writing about, and make sure that the solution is in the words.
3) Find related words. Long-tail keywords are often found in the middle of related words. Use this to your advantage.
4) Find a keyword tool. Using a keyword tool or keyword modifier generator, will help you to find related keywords and keyword phrases.
5) The point of writing SEO articles is to find the right keyword phrases that people are searching for. It is your job to find those keyword phrases. We’ve talked about keywords and phrases before; but don’t overlook the value of a keyword tool. It’s invaluable to your SEO articles, and will help you to produce articles which are keyword-rich without being keyword-stuffed.
6) Use a keyword tool, or a Google AdWords keyword tool. These tools give you keyword ideas and the statistics to prove just how popular certain key terms are. The Google tool will help you to find how many searches are done per month for key terms and phrases, and the Overture tool will help you to find how many times your key terms are searched for by prospective clients. The best of these tools is the Google AdWords keyword tool.
7) Search engines change their algorithms on a regular basis. Don’t spend too much time on search engine optimization techniques that have become obsolete. Be focused on creating sites that your potential clients will find useful, and will want to link to.
8) Create a site map for your website. Site maps help to ensure that traffic is constantly moving around your site.
9) Avoid techniques that send out a lot of spam. Too many search engine spiders means too many unwanted messages. Be sure to avoid page-rank brokering companies that make questionable SEO guarantees.
10) Consult a technical consultant for search engine optimisation. Not every technique can be effectively utilized by a professional. A technical consultant can review your site and recommend what best suits your goals for optimizing your web site.
11) Local is essential. If your primary market is the east coast of USA, you will want to attempt to get traffic directed from Boston, Boston, Boston, and New York. If you are in Australia, however, venue will be more important.
12) When you’ve identified your primary market, create a landing page for your website. A proper landing page will help you to increase sales. This is often called an opt-in page. In order to retain your internet traffic to your website, a proper landing page is key.
13) You’ll want to get your sales pitch out there. Use every channel available to promote your products and services. This includes, e-mail marketing, YouTube, and article marketing, but also will include a comprehensive selection of B2B websites. Some B2B companies will allow you to post comments on their website.
14) After you have selected your primary high-traffic keywords, learn how to use them. First, use the keywords in your description. Then, use the keywords at your content. Try to make use of the keyword in the first sentence of your article, and let’s say your first paragraph or post on your site.
15) When it comes to getting people to your site, nothing is more important than the way you design the layout. If you don’t have your personal site layout in place, you will be allowed to borrow their existing layout.